Wednesday, July 27, 2016

First Ultrasound after Starting IVF Meds

Today was my first ultrasound and bloodwork appointment after starting my IVF meds.  I had 6 follicles.  Not sure if that's good or bad (will start Googling & torturing myself on the fertility boards and likely find everything from it's great to it is horrible!).  It also pushed up my protocol by one day. My husband will start taking doxycycline tomorrow instead of on Friday to prevent any possible infections in his sperm.  I will add Ganirelex to my injections tomorrow (to prevent ovulation) and also increase my Menopur to 2 vials (I'm guessing to help the follicles grow).

This morning was the first morning since I started stimming that I woke up without a migraine, so that is a plus! The RE said that the migraines are generally caused my low estrogen (which makes sense as I generally get them the first day of my period when estrogen tanks) and that it should get better from here.  I hope so!

Tonight I am also trying a Reiki session for general healing and hopefully to help with the fertility.  (Hey why not try everything?) I will do a post on how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment